How Can One Stop Teeth Grinding?
An appropriate solution for your bruxism is all dependent on specific situations. For example, if misaligned teeth are the root of the problem, investing in braces should be considered. Even though there are night mouth guards that are readily available over-the-counter, our dentist office in Milton offers a more personalized oral treatment that meets the ideal fit for your teeth. Going to your dentist and physician is one of the best solutions that will help you find ways to alleviate the symptoms, but there are other approaches to treat bruxism through periods of relaxation and calm such as:
- Avoiding stimulating drinks in excessive rates such as caffeine which intensify the teeth grinding
- Avoiding recreational drugs including heroin, meth, and ecstasy
- Taking the time of your day to unwind: if you think the cause of your many teeth grinding is more stress-related, consider finding exercises or activities that will calm your nerves and put your body in ease. It can be as simple as taking a warm bubble bath or watching movies in your comfortable bed!
- Practicing healthy sleep habits: This is easier said than done, but getting into the habit of sleeping early not only helps you feel rejuvenated – healthier sleeping habits lead to better-looking teeth and a healthier lifestyle
- Committing yourself to daily jaw exercises, where physical therapists and chiropractors play a role in recommending practices that is quick and easy
- Indulging on natural remedies of teeth grinding prevention that aim to ease your muscles such as:
- Using warm compresses
- Herbal tea and essential oils
- Making yourself a warm cup of turmeric milk to aid you with sleeping soundly
- Turmeric enhances health benefits and pain relief
Get more information on how to improve your oral health and hygiene, contact us today.